This is an advanced defensive option where you can set a player to "shadow" a player on your opponent's team -- meaning your player will play whenever the target player on the other team plays. Your designated player will play even if it is not his scheduled shift in your to be on the ice with the other player. You player will focus less on scoring and more on preventing the target player on your opponent's team from having a good game. If your player is a good defender, he may keep the other guy off his game fairly well. However, if the other player is a good player, he could reverse the effect on your player -- especially if your player is a poor defender.
Articles in this section
- What are defensive pairs? Who should play on a particular pair?
- What does the "Goalie Patience" setting do?
- I have a message telling me some of my lines (or pairs) are incomplete.
- How do I know when each line and pair plays?
- How does automatic goalie swapping work?
- What happens if I forget to set my lines/pairs before the season starts?
- How does player shadowing work?
- What is "Line/Pair Profiling" and how do I turn it on?
- How do I remove a team from my Team Center after the season is over?
- What is the "Shooting Behavior" setting for my pairs?