You will not receive a compensation pick for a player if you decline a team option. The only way that you will receive a compensation pick for a player with a declined option is if the player declines his player option. You will also receive a compensation pick if the player declines his side of a mutual option.
Articles in this section
- Why is a 6-year minor league free-agent asking for so much money?
- What are Type A and Type B free-agents?
- A ML free agent in our world has several contracts offered to him that are the same exact value. How is it determined who he will sign with?
- I just had a free-agent that I was negotiating with sign a contract at 3am! Why do I have to stay up all hours of the day and night to compete!?!
- During the free-agency period at the beginning of this season, I signed a player who was an unsigned 1st round draft pick from the prior season. He demanded and I signed him to a 1-year $3.4M big league contract. What happens next year?
- I declined my team option with a player, will I get a compensation pick if he is a Type A/B free agent?
- Why did a free-agent I was trying to sign go with another franchise without giving me a chance to increase my offer?
- When a MiL free agent is offered multiple contracts how is it determined who he will sign with?