Players are eligible if they have participated in less than 20% of the scheduled season and the illness or injury occurs in the first half of the season. Previous redshirt players are not eligible. The illness or injury must result in an incapacity to compete for the remainder of the season. Players who have already had a redshirt season or a prior waiver are not eligible.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to remove a player's redshirt at the end of the season?
- Are there any roster restrictions? Do I have to have a backup at every position?
- Can I change a player's position?
- Between seasons, I'd like to rescind a scholarship to one of my returning players - can I do that?
- What is a 'redshirt'?
- Are there restrictions for redshirting players?
- Who is eligible for a medical hardship waiver?
- Is there a limit to the number of scholarships that can be rescinded each season?
- What is a medical hardship waiver?
- I have a player who has been promised 50% playing time and he is injured (at 60% health, but able to play). Can you tell me when he thinks he is healed enough and expects to get his plays? Does he expect to play in each game?