Green simply means that you are the only school currently on the considering list. It does not indicate any level of commitment to sign and other schools could jump on the recruit. Most often you will get a chance to battle back but if another school makes a large enough push it can convince the recruit to sign with them. The best way to prevent this is to continue performing some recruiting actions even when a player is only considering your school and is "green" on the recruiting summary.
Articles in this section
- I'm coaching in Division III, what are the odds of landing a DI-A type of player - maybe even someone that's ranked?
- Is face time with a recruit required to sign them?
- How much money do I get for recruiting?
- In recruiting which has more weight, the amount of money you spend on a recruit or the attention you pay to him?
- If I make 5 calls at once is it any different (not necessarily better) than if I called once?
- Do recruits become "easier" to recruit as the recruiting window begins to close?
- Is there any signficance to the order of the schools that the recruit is considering?
- Why did a "green" recruit sign with another school? What exactly does it mean when the Recruiting Summary view shows a recruit is "green"?
- How many players will I have to recruit? How many total scholarships do I have available?
- Does the success of my program impact the quality and quantity of our recruits?