Yes, every coach starts in Division III and can only reach Division II, Division I-AA, or Division I-A by applying to a job for a DII, DI-AA, or D-IA school. Coaches must meet requirements for moving up in divisions.
Articles in this section
- Is it possible to get more than one job offer?
- Who is allowed to apply for another job?
- What's the deal with reputation?
- What happens if I don't renew my team?
- What's the deal with Loyalty?
- What is the logic used in the progression leading up to being fired?
- When am I allowed to submit applications? When will I get a decision?
- How many schools am I allowed to apply to?
- Once I apply for a job can I withdraw my application?
- Can coaches get fired?