An application on the player's behalf will be automatically submitted to the WCAA by his school's member conference. No action is required by the coach, nor is it his decision. The WCAA waivers are handed out at the conclusion of the season.
Articles in this section
- If a player who was promised a starting spot or minutes is red-shirted, should it be assumed that his work ethic will be adversely impacted?
- What determines how one of my players will react to being red-shirted?
- Will all players with a red-shirt season return for a 5th year?
- I'm trying to rescind a scholarship but my athletic director keeps denying my request. Why?
- Can an Academic Ineligible player take a red-shirt?
- Can I offer a walk-on a scholarship? What happens if I don't?
- If a player is red-shirted, does this make the roster size 13, or does it stay at 12? (i.e. we'll have one fewer player available for the season)
- What is a medical hardship waiver?
- I'd like to rescind a scholarship from one of my returning players - can I do that?
- How does a player apply for the medical hardship waiver?