That number will vary by school. When you initially accept the job, you will see the number of scholarships available. As you progress through subsequent seasons at that school, you'll have various numbers of scholarships to fill as kids graduate, transfer, quit, leave early for the NBA, etc. Each school has 12 potential scholarships to fill each season.
Articles in this section
- I'm coaching in Division III, what are the odds of landing a DI type of player - maybe even someone that's ranked?
- Is there any signficance to the order of the schools that the recruit is considering?
- If I have 1 recruiting spot open and I have 2 guys considering only me, how do you determine which one signs?
- If I offer a recruit a scholarship, does it stay on the table or do I need to reoffer it if he rejects?
- How many players will I have to recruit? How many total scholarships do I have available?
- What is the Future Stars Scouting Service?
- If my program is doing well (or poorly), does that impact how easy (or hard) recruiting will be in subsequent seasons?
- How does the eligibility process work? Can I still recruit players that are currently ineligible by WCAA standards?
- How often should I expect to hear from a recruit?
- Could a recruit (who is considering my school among others) select my school even if I didn't have him visit my campus?