This generally happens when the players listed in the depth chart either suffer an injury, get into foul trouble, or need to rest. At that point the SimEngine has to look beyond the depth chart to get an available player.
Articles in this section
- How do defensive matchups work?
- How does the SimEngine determine who will play in a "clear the bench" situation?
- What are the advantages up-tempo/half court/slow down styles of play?
- How does the depth chart work?
- How do the target minutes work?
- What is the 'Foul Trouble Substitutions' setting?
- What are the advantages of double teaming someone?
- What is the 'Positioning' setting in the Defensive Game Plan?
- Why do players play at a position that they aren't listed in the depth chart for that position?