This can happen when a player who was set on lines or pairs is no longer available to play. Reasons could be that we was scratched, released, sent to the minors, or is injured. This created an empty spot on the line or pair. If you click on the "View All Lines" or "View All Pairs" link, you can easily spot the line or pair with the empty spot. Simply fill all the empty spots with different players and the caution message will go away. If you do not fill the empty spots by the start of your next game, your coach will fill the spots for you.
Articles in this section
- What are defensive pairs? Who should play on a particular pair?
- What does the "Goalie Patience" setting do?
- I have a message telling me some of my lines (or pairs) are incomplete.
- How do I know when each line and pair plays?
- How does automatic goalie swapping work?
- What happens if I forget to set my lines/pairs before the season starts?
- How does player shadowing work?
- What is "Line/Pair Profiling" and how do I turn it on?
- How do I remove a team from my Team Center after the season is over?
- What is the "Shooting Behavior" setting for my pairs?