The NHL scores penalty shots as their own separate stat. It does not count as a "goal" for the scorer or a "goal against" for the goalie. It simply counts as a "penalty shot goal" and a "penalty shot goal against" in the stats. Currently, our system does not track penalty shot goals or penalty shot goals against, but we plan to do so in the near future.
Articles in this section
- My players are not getting the ice time I expected. Is there a way to see more detailed information about ice time and line changes?
- Where do I find the boxscores to see how my team did?
- My player scored on a penalty shot, but he is not credited for a goal in the bosxcore stats or in his season stats. Why?
- Where can I see the other scores in my league?
- What is the plus/minus (+/-) stat and how is it calculated?
- I have a problem or question about a game that I would like WhatIfSports to look at.