A medical hardship waiver can be given to a player by the WCAA who has missed a significant portion of the season because of an injury. It provides for an extra year of eligibility for the player similar to a redshirt.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to remove a player's redshirt at the end of the season?
- Are there any roster restrictions? Do I have to have a backup at every position?
- Can I change a player's position?
- Between seasons, I'd like to rescind a scholarship to one of my returning players - can I do that?
- What is a 'redshirt'?
- Are there restrictions for redshirting players?
- Who is eligible for a medical hardship waiver?
- Is there a limit to the number of scholarships that can be rescinded each season?
- What is a medical hardship waiver?
- I have a player who has been promised 50% playing time and he is injured (at 60% health, but able to play). Can you tell me when he thinks he is healed enough and expects to get his plays? Does he expect to play in each game?