No, there are not any roster restrictions. As the coach, it is entirely up to you to decide how many quarterbacks or kickers to have on your team. However, it is advisable to have at least one backup at every position in case you have a player get injured, suspended, etc. To this end, your assistant coach will look to add depth to your team if he has to fill scholarships that you fail to fill during the recruiting period.
Articles in this section
- Do I have to remove a player's redshirt at the end of the season?
- Are there any roster restrictions? Do I have to have a backup at every position?
- Can I change a player's position?
- Between seasons, I'd like to rescind a scholarship to one of my returning players - can I do that?
- What is a 'redshirt'?
- Are there restrictions for redshirting players?
- Who is eligible for a medical hardship waiver?
- Is there a limit to the number of scholarships that can be rescinded each season?
- What is a medical hardship waiver?
- I have a player who has been promised 50% playing time and he is injured (at 60% health, but able to play). Can you tell me when he thinks he is healed enough and expects to get his plays? Does he expect to play in each game?