Yes, every coach starts in Division III and can only reach Division II or Division I by applying for those jobs, which takes place after each season. If a coach is returning to a world and has previous coaching experience in that world, then it is possible to apply for a Division I or Division II job.
Articles in this section
- Can a coach apply for any job?
- Can coaches get fired?
- What happens if I don't renew my team?
- Can a coach apply for more than 1 job at the same time?
- I know a certain job doesn't currently have a coach, so why doesn't it show up in the list for me to reserve/apply?
- Can I skip a season?
- Does everyone start at Division III? Can you pay more to start at Division II or Division I?
- What do schools look for when they are hiring coaches? How can I move up?
- Why did my school's prestige change when I took over as coach?
- If I submit an application to school A BEFORE I submit any other applications, will that decision be made BEFORE the decision on any of the other later applications?