There is a 24 hour veto period and if one of the players involved in the trade is one of the teams' next starting pitcher, the trade won't go through until this is no longer the case, which is typically another 8 hour period.
Articles in this section
- What is the trading block?
- What happens to my lineup after a trade? How are newly acquired players' roles determined?
- Which trade will process if I have the same player involved in multiple trades?
- Can I trade minor leaguers?
- Do trades have to be even (1-for-1 or 2-for-2)?
- Are there any financial limitations on trades?
- Are there any roster-related limitations for trades?
- I am waiting for a trade to go through and it still says pending. It has been well over 24hrs. Any ideas?!!
- I traded for a player right before the transaction deadline and now he is in the minors and I can't bring him up. How can I bring him up?
- Can a trade be vetoed? How long do I have to wait before a trade is completed?