Yes, after a trade is completed you must have at least 22 players on the active roster, with at least 12 being position players and at least 6 pitchers. You'll be informed of these restrictions if your trade proposal violates any of the requirements.
Articles in this section
- What is the trading block?
- What happens to my lineup after a trade? How are newly acquired players' roles determined?
- Which trade will process if I have the same player involved in multiple trades?
- Can I trade minor leaguers?
- Do trades have to be even (1-for-1 or 2-for-2)?
- Are there any financial limitations on trades?
- Are there any roster-related limitations for trades?
- I am waiting for a trade to go through and it still says pending. It has been well over 24hrs. Any ideas?!!
- I traded for a player right before the transaction deadline and now he is in the minors and I can't bring him up. How can I bring him up?
- Can a trade be vetoed? How long do I have to wait before a trade is completed?