In a "clear the bench" situation, the SimEngine will try to use backups and avoid using starters. The most likely players to play at a given position will be ones who are in the depth chart, but set to 0 target minutes. If no one fits that description, the SimEngine will try to find players who are not in the depth chart and have a high Effectiveness rating for the given position. If there aren't any available players who fit that description, then one of the players listed in the depth chart with target minutes may end up playing.
Articles in this section
- How do defensive matchups work?
- How does the SimEngine determine who will play in a "clear the bench" situation?
- What are the advantages up-tempo/half court/slow down styles of play?
- How does the depth chart work?
- How do the target minutes work?
- What is the 'Foul Trouble Substitutions' setting?
- What are the advantages of double teaming someone?
- What is the 'Positioning' setting in the Defensive Game Plan?
- Why do players play at a position that they aren't listed in the depth chart for that position?